News and Announcements
States Usage Survey Update
NOW AVAILABLE – PBC Survey Data
CMP, EBB, GRL, Reinforcing Steel & Wire, and THP Audit Submission Cycles Now Open
If you wish to have your facility participate in the NTPEP Audit Program for CMP, EBB, GRL, REBAR/WWR/WIRE/SSTL/SWS, or THP in 2021, please log onto the NTPEP DataMine website (http://data.ntpep.org ) to complete and submit your application. After November 30th, 2020, the submission cycle will be closed and you will no longer be able to send in an application to participate in the NTPEP Audit Program for next year.
To be sure your application and invoice gets processed in the correct order, please keep the following in mind:
- Have a copy of your current quality manual available for upload during the application cycle.
- Please be sure to complete all steps of the application. To be sure your application has been submitted, the status of your application should change from “in-progress” to “submitted”.
- Once AASHTO accepts your application, you will receive an email notification letting you know your application has been processed and accepted (this will happen in December).
Lastly, Here are several items to keep in mind when your NTPEP audit is conducted in 2021:
- Annual audits will be announced approximately one month prior to being performed, pending extenuating circumstances.
- For any facilities that had their audit timeframe adjust this past year due to COVID, your audit will return to the normal audit month.
- If you have any restrictions in place for visitors, please let the auditor know when they reach out to you.
- Test samples for the audit can be gathered from material produced since the last audit. Samples should be selected from product representing the various specifications, grades, sizes, and configurations produced. A detailed explanation of this process is included in the audit announcement letter.
- The Manufacturer is responsible for the shipment of the samples. Proper care (packaging, identification, tracking, etc.) to limit damage or loss of the sample shipment is the responsibility of the Manufacturer. Loss or damage of the samples will require re-sampling and testing at the Manufacturer’s expense.
- If your last QMS Desktop Review was in 2016, you’ll be contacted in early 2021 for extra QMS documentation by an auditor to complete your 5-year thorough review.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Matt Bluman, email@example.com. NTPEP looks forward to working with you through this process and in the upcoming 2021 tour. Thank you.
Cancellation of 2020 AASHTO NTPEP High Friction and Thin Overlays (HFTO) Test Deck Installation
Minutes Now Available from NTPEP Annual Meeting
Minutes from the 2020 NTPEP Annual Meeting have been uploaded to the corresponding technical committee pages. Please visit http://www.ntpep.org/Pages/TechnicalCommittees.aspx to visit the technical committee home pages and select “Meeting Minutes” on the right side of the page.
Fiscal Year 2021 State Contribution Invoices Now Available
State contribution invoices for the 2021 fiscal year are now available for download by visiting this link. NTPEP appreciates your participation in our technical service program.
NTPEP 2020 Pavement Marking Materials Test Deck Postponement
COVID-19 Update for AASHTO NTPEP Audit Program- July 9th, 2020
PMM Field Evaluation Delays/Cancellations
2017 Wisconsin Test Deck:
- Fall 2019 readings are collected, but due to staff issues, results still need to be uploaded
- Next readings tentatively scheduled for June 16-17 pending any workplace restrictions
- Final readings to be taken in September
2018 Pennsylvania Test Deck:
- May readings will not be collected due to state mandates associated with COVID
- 2 year readings are still scheduled to be collected in June
- Due to COVID, PennDOT will not permit any manufacturers on-site for the 2 year readings
2019 Florida Test Deck:
- Laboratory sample shipment was delayed until March, samples have now shipped and will be tested over the coming months
- 5th month Temporary Tape evaluations were cancelled due to COVID
- 6th month readings will only be taken for Temporary Tapes; Permanent Product readings are cancelled due to COVID
- Due to COVID, Florida DOT will not permit any manufacturers on-site for readings until further notice
Professional Development Hours Worksheet and ZOOM Guide for Participants
Please utilize this Professional Development Hours (PDH) worksheet to track the hours you accrue for participating in each of the 2020 NTPEP Virtual Meeting Sessions. Type the number of PDHs for each session in the column labeled “Enter PDH”. The worksheet will then automatically add all of your hours up and your total will be included at the bottom of the worksheet.
NTPEP has created a basic guide for ZOOM. Please be sure to review this document before logging on to the NTPEP Virtual Annual Meeting.
2020 Annual AASHTO NTPEP In-Person Meeting: Cancelled (All Sessions Will be Conducted Virtually)
After careful consideration, the difficult decision has been made to cancel AASHTO’s 2020 NTPEP Meeting scheduled to begin on June 14 through June 18, in Columbus, Ohio. The health and safety of our members, attendees, volunteers, staff and our host community is of utmost importance to AASHTO. Given the current environment and projected impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we feel this is the right thing to do.
All sessions included on the original meeting agenda will be held through ZOOM. These sessions will be held June 15th through June 26th. An agenda, listing the time and date for each session, will be included on the new registration site. If you are interested in participating in these sessions, you will need to register for each session you plan to attend. A registration link will be sent to within the next couple weeks. The registration link will also be available on the NTPEP website. After completing registration to participate in these ZOOM sessions, you will receive an email with the credentials you will use to log into the session you registered for.
We regret having to make this decision, as the NTPEP Meeting has a long tradition of great opportunities for collaboration, information sharing, and relationship building within the State DOT community. We at AASHTO look forward to the next time we can resume that tradition.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented circumstances.
COVID-19 Update for AASHTO NTPEP Audit Program
Overview of how NCAT is working with AASHTO to provide WMA evaluations
Please visit this link to read NCAT’s article on how they are working with NTPEP to provide WMA and ASA evaluations.
Suspension of ECP Sample Notices
Suspension of Scheduled NTPEP On-Site Audits (located in North America) as a Result of COVID-19 Pandemic
Discontinuation of NTPEP Steel Reinforced Polyethylene Pipe Audit Program
NTPEP is discontinuing the Steel Reinforced Polyethylene (SRPE) Pipe Audit Program due to the lack of industry participation in the audit program. NTPEP will utilize the resources for the SRPE Audit Program in another area of NTPEP. Please contact Katheryn Malusky, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions or concerns.
You may view the formal memo here.
Ballots are out
Ballots were sent out on February 5th for the following committees:
- GTX/REGEO Work Plan –contact Vince Glick, email@example.com, with any questions or concerns.
- CADD Work Plan –contact Courtney Wallace, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions or concerns.
The due date for your response is Wednesday, February 26th, 2020. Please note that these ballots were sent out to the technical committee members only. Once the ballot passes the technical committee level, it will move on to be balloted by the NTPEP group.
NTPEP Webinar on Membership Roles and Responsibilities
- Please click here to view the webinar on membership roles and responsibilities.
- You may also view the Technical Committee section of our Information and Operations Guide to review the roles and responsibilities here.
Technical Committee Submission Cycles and Fee Sheets Available
- The NTPEP technical committee submission cycles have been finalized for 2020. Please click here to review the submission cycle for your corresponding committee. Additionally, all technical committee fee sheets have been uploaded to the website. To review the fees for 2020, please visit the technical committee page here, select a committee, and click the “Testing Service Fee” button on the right.
Webinar on Roles and Responsibilities within NTPEP Technical Committees
- NTPEP Technical Committee Members are invited and encouraged to attend this webinar on Jan 22, 2020 02:00 PM EST designed to educate you on the responsibilities you have related to the role you play within NTPEP. The webinar will be recorded and available on the NTPEP YouTube channel following the completion of the webinar. If you would like to review the content to be discussed prior to the webinar, please refer to the attached document here. Please contact Katheryn Malusky, email@example.com, if you are interested in participating.
2020 NTPEP Audit Program Submission Cycles
- The 2020 NTPEP Audit Program Submission Cycles are now open! The submission cycles will remain open until November 15th, 2019. Please log into DataMine to submit your application. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Ryan Fragapane, firstname.lastname@example.org
NTPEP Webinar Presentations are now Available
- NTPEP recently presented four webinars that were intended to introduce and describe some of the newer product evaluation programs. These webinars were recorded and are now available for viewing from the following links: